Maria Mercedes - Collection C. Kleiss
      She was built on 1878 in the United Kingdom as Siren for Trinity House, dedicated to lighthouses and bouys maintenance. She was flagged in Spain on 1920 when bought by Luis Liaño Trueba, being then reformed for transporting 60 passengers, and called Maria Mercedes. Her original propulsion was by 211 H.P. alternative compound machine, that was later changed for an 235 H.P. hot-bulb engine.
Shipyard / Year Palmers / 1878
Dead Weight 648 MT
Gross Register 420 GRT
Length 57.7 mtr
Breadth 7.7 mtr
Depth 3.8 mtr
Propulsion Alternative compound
Power 211 H.P.
Bought 1923 to
Owner Naviera Cabo Páez Hermanos
Sold 1928 to
Owner Naviera Mallorquina
Scrapped 1935
      On 1922 she was sold to Naviera Cabo Páez Hermanos and on 1923 bought by Compañía Naviera de Navegación Sollerense. On 1928 she was sold to Naviera Mallorquina, and on 1931 to Trasmediterránea.
Maria Mercedes - Colección de C. Kleiss
Both photos are at Soller, berthed and living the port.



  Spanish version 



Back to Maria Mercedes  Back to Index  Go to Maria Victoria

AM © 2016