Miguel Primo de Rivera - Collection C. Kleiss
On this photo she was at Algeciras, and by her aft was the General Sanjurjo.
      On 1927 two sister ships were built by Unión Naval de Levante, at Valencia. They were the Miguel Primo de Rivera and General Sanjurjo. They were renamed Ciudad de Algeciras and Ciudad de Ceuta when Spain became a republic.
      On 1976 the Ciudad de Algeciras was sold to the Asociación Asturiana de Capitanes de la Marina Mercante and berthed at Dársena de Fomento, at Gijón. Afterwards she was bar and discothèque, until being finally scrapped.
      The Ciudad de Ceuta was sold on 1976 to the Asociación Vizcaina de Capitanes de la Marina Mercante, being renamed Consulado de Bilbao and berthed at Uribitarte pier, at Bilbao. She had a sad end because on 23/August/1983, due to floodings produced by heavy rain, broke free and was dragged by the river and sunk.
Shipyard / Year Unión Naval de Levante / 1927
Dead Weight 278 MT
Gross Register 1,067 GRT
Passengers 124
Length 62.0 mtr
Breadth 9.7 mtr
Depth 5.2 meters
Propulsion 2 Diesel engines
Power 2,200 H.P.
Speed 14 knots
deleted 1975




  Spanish version 



Back to Miguel Gallart  Back to Index  Go to Mina Meruxal

AM © 2016