She was built in the United Kingdom on 1897 by Craig, Taylor and Company as Admiral Ihlen. She was registered in Spain on 1899 when bought by Compañía del Vapor Menditarra S.A., being renamed Menditarra. She was bougth on 1905 and renamed Isidoro.
On 17/August/1915 steaming from Glasgow to Bilbao with iron ore was stopped by a German submarine. Once checked the documents the crew was ordered to abandon the ship, that was torpedoed.