Maria Magdalena - Collection C. Kleiss
At Bilbao
        She was built on 1876 by W.B. Thompson as Ugarte, being later Mariana, Bayones, and Luis when bought by Luis Castellano. When bought on 1904 by Francisco García she was renamed Maria Magdalena until 1916, when was renamed as Magdalena Garcia.
        On 1922 she was sold to Vapores Costeros receiving first the name of Magdalena, and later was renamed Paco Garcia. On 1960 her steam alternative machine was removed, and a diesel engine installed. On 1971 she was bought by Naviera Álvarez, but only three years later she was scrapped.
Shipyard / Year W.B. Thompson / 1876
Dead Weight 245 MT
Gross Register 176 GRT
Length 36.7 mtr
Breadth 6.3 mtr
Depth 2.8 mtr
Propulsion Alternative compound
Power 156 H.P.
Bought 1904 to
Owner Luis Castillo
Sold 1922 to
Owner Vapores Costeros
Scrapped 1974



  Spanish version 



Back to Maria de Larrinaga  Back to Index  Go to Maria Mercedes

AM © 2016