Maria Mercedes - Collection C. Kleiss
At San Sebastián
       She was built on 1870 by Fullerton as Glengarnock, being bought on 1873 by Teodoro H. Maruri and renamed Fomento. She was sold on 1904 to Francisco García Fernández and renamed Maria Mercedes, name changed on 1916 to Agustina Garcia. She was bought on 1917 by Jose Bonet and Tomás Mallol, being renamed La Sabinosa and later Ampurdanes. On 1922 she was sold to E. Freixas and named Freixas 3º, passing on 1924 to Naviera Catalana keeping the name. On 1931 she was bought by Julio Matas Danes being renamed Ampurdan. She had a long life because at least on 1966 she was still active, although since 1948 her owner was Navegación y Pesca, S.A.
Shipyard / Year Fullerton / 1870
Dead Weight 270 MT
Gross Register 217 GRT
Length 42.5 mtr
Breadth 6.1 mtr
Depth 2.9 mtr
Propulsion Alternative compound
Power 215 H.P.
Bought 1904 to
Owner Teodoro H. Maruri
Sold 1917 to
Owner J. Bonet-T. Mallol



  Spanish version 



Back to Maria Magdalena  Back to Index  Go to Maria Mercedes

AM © 2017