Ria de Vigo - Collection C. Kleiss
At Santander downtown, already owned by Naviera Morey.
         She was built on 1912 as Newfield, being later Apsleyhull, Cymric Queen, Nailsea Brook, Bascombe Chine and since 1937 Helios. With this name was captured during the Civil War because she was working for the republican government. She was incorporated to the Gerencia de Buques Mercantes Incautados, changing her name to Ria de Vigo, passing on 1942 to Elcano.
         On 1944 she was sold to Josť Morey FernŠndez Labardera, passing on 1945 to Naviera Morey in which she remained until 1964 when, as her shipowner Francisco Morey died, she passed along with other ships of the company to be managed by the Grupo Pereda. She was scrapped on 1966 at Parayas (Cantabria) without having changed her name.
Shipyard / Year Irvine Shipbuilding / 1912
Dead Weight 6,680 GRT
Gross Register 3,821 GRT
Length 110.4 mtr
Breadth 15.0 mtr
Depth 8.0 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 1,200 HP
Speed 9 knots
Sold 1944 to
Owner E.N. Elcano
Scrapped 1966




  Spanish version 



Back to Ria de Camarinas  Back to Index  Go to Ribera

AM © 2017