Rio Deseado - Collection C. Kleiss
At Palamós
        She was built on 1920 by Richardson Duck at Thornaby (United Kingdom) for a Danish shipping company as Dansborg. From 1933 to 1941 she sailed with Romanian flag with the name of Oltul. On 1941 she was acquired by Compañía Argentina de Navegación de Ultramar that gave her the name of Esmeralda, being registered first in Panama and a few months later in Argentina. On 1942 she passed to Flota Mercante del Estado, being renamed Rio Deseado. On 1950 she was sold to a Brazilian shipping company, changing her name to Japery, with which she was sold for scrapping on 1969 although it seems that the work was not carried out until 1974.
Shipyard / Year Richardson Duck / 1920
Gross Register 4,289 GRT
Net Register 2,672 NRT
Length 115.9 mtr
Breadth 15.5 mtr
Depth 7.5 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 397 Nom. HP
Bought 1942 to
Owner Cía. Argentina de Nav. de Ultramar
Sold 1950 to
Owner Companhia Commercio e Navegação
Scrapped 1969




  Spanish version 



Back to Ribera  Back to Index  Go to Rita Garcia

AM © 2017