Sancho II - Collection C. Kleiss
        Anchored at Garachico, on the left of the photo. The ship on the center seems the Esperanza.
        She was delivered on 1920 to Alvaro Rodríguez López, who ordered her for the Canary Islands interinsular traffic. She was sold on 1931 to Compañía Canaria de Cabotaje, S.A., that seems controlled also by Alvaro Rodríguez López. On 1936 she was again directly owned by Alvaro Rodríguez López and on 1948 by Alvaro Rodríguez López y Hermano, S.L. On 1977 was bought by Miguel Negrín Domínguez, remaining in the Canary Islands traffic until scrapped on date indeterminate.
        Although built with compound alternative steam machine it seems that later was removed, installing a diesel engine.
Shipyard / Year Akt Vaxholmsvarfvet / 1920
Dead Weight 435 MT
Gross Register 361 GRT
Length 43.3 mtr
Breadth 7.2 mtr
Depth 3,4 meters
Propulsion Alternative compound
Power 240 H.P.
Speed 9 knots
Sold 1931 to
Owner Compañía Canaria de Cabotaje




  Spanish version 



Back to San Jose  Back to Index  Go to Santa Maria del Pino

AM © 2016-2017