Santiago - Collection C. Kleiss
At Kiel Canal
        She was built in 1888 by William Doxford and Sons for O. Jaffe with the name of Daniel. In 1897 she was sold to Clydesdale Shipowners Co. Ltd., keeping her name, and in 1900 she was bought by Compañía Naviera La Blanca, being renamed Santiago. On 09/November/1911, when she was sailing with coal from Newcastle to Pauillac (France), she collided with a fishing boat 12 miles from Skinningrove, producing waterways that threatened to cause her sinking. To try to save her, she was beached on the nearest coast, from which she could no longer leave.
Shipyard / Year W. Doxford & Sons / 1888
Dead weight 2,927 MT
Gross register 2,138 GRT
Passengers 333
Length 85.3 mtr
Breadth 11.6 mtr
Depth 5.6 meters
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 945 H.P.
Bought 1900 to
Owner Clydesdale Shipowners Co. Ltd.
Name Daniel
Wrecked 09/11/1911 - Close to Skinningrove




  Spanish version 



Back to Santa Maria del Pino  Back to Index  Go to Santo Domingo

AM © 2020