Ciudad de Palma - Collection C. Kleiss
At Palma de Mallorca
        She was built in 1930 by Cantieri Navale Triestino as Principe D. Alfonso, that was changed in 1931 to Ciudad de Palma due to the end of the Kihgdom.
        When the Civil War began she was seized by the nacional govern and converted in auxiliary cruiser in Italy. In 1938 she was converted by S.E.C.N.-Sestao hospital-vessel, with 500 beds. After world was finished she was in several lines until scrapped in 1968. She grounded in 1953 at Cala Figuera, where she remained six days until refloated with the help of the frigate Pizarro.
Shipyard / Year Cantieri Navale Triestino / 1930
Dead Weight 2,430 MT
Gross Register 4,085 GRT
Passengers 726
Length 104.3 mtr
Breadth 14.9 mtr
Depth 8.7 mtr
Propulsion 2 diesel engines
Power 2,600 H.P.
Speed 14 knots
Scrapped Villanueva y Geltrú / 1968




  Spanish version 



Back to Ciudad de Melilla  Back to Index  Go to Ciudad de Pamplona

AM © 2018