M. Arnus - Collection C. Kleiss
Berthed to Muelle de España, at Barcelona.
      She was built on 1894 by Furness, Withy & Co. as Saint Jerome for a British shipping company, that on 1912 sold her to a Japanese one being renamed as Temiya Maru. On 1916 she was bought by Compañía General de Tabacos de Filipinas and renamed M. Arnus.
      On 1917 she was bought by Hijos de Tayá and renamed Josefa Raich, but on 1918 she got again her previous name of M. Arnus.
      On 1926 she was sold to África Occidental keeping her name. This company was owned by the Tayá family, and was formed to try of saving some ships of the bankrupt that was threating the previous. On 1929 she was sold to Domingo Mumbrú Aymerich, and renamed Sud.
      She was sunk on 1937 due the damages produced by air bombings.
Shipyard/Year Furness, Withy & Co. / 1894
Dead Weight 4,996 MT
Gross Register 2,856 GRT
Length 95.7 mtr
Breadth 12.3 mtr
Depth 6.5 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 1,190 H.P.
Bought 1916 to
Owner Compañía General de Tabacos de Filipinas
Sold 1991 to
Owner África Occidental
Sunk 1937



  Spanish version 



Back to Lolita A.  Back to Index  Go to Malaga

AM © 2016