Merche - Collection C. Kleiss
        She was built in 1945 by Torre and Bereciartua as Tercio de Begoña for Luis Otero Murueta. In the same year she was sold to José Luis García Abrisqueta, with which she retained her name. In 1947 she was bought by Naviera Chacartegui Arrinda, in which it kept its name until 1966, when she was renamed Merche. In 1975 she was wrecked in the vicinity of Takoradi (Ghana).
Shipyard / Year Torre y Bereciartua / 1945
Dead weight 322 MT
Gross register 268 GRT
Length 35.0 mtr
Breadth 7.5 mtr
Depth 3.1 meters
Propulsion Diesel engine
Power 310 H.P.
Bought 1947 to
Owner José Luis García Abrisqueta
Sunk 1975




  Spanish version 



Back to Menorca  Back to Index  Go to Miguel Gallart

AM © 2017