Torre del Oro - Collection C. Kleiss
          She was built in 1888 in the United Kingdom already as Torre del Oro, passing in 1889 to Spanish flag when bought by this shipping company. In the photo she is seen on 16/November/1908 grounded at Gruissan, near the French port of La Nouvelle. She was refloated and in 1919 she was sold to Hijos de José Tayá, S.C. with whom she kept the name. She continued sailing until 27/October/1921, when she was wrecked at Minorca, surviving only two of her 24 crewmembers.
Shipyard / Year Craig, Taylor & Co. / 1888
Dead Weight 2,236 MT
Gross register 1,321 GRT
Length 73.2 mtr
Breadth 9.8 mtr
Depth 5.2 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 731 H.P.
Bought 1889 to
Owner J.S. Tamburini
Sold 1919 to
Owner Hijos de José Tayá, S.C.
Wrecked 1921



  Spanish version 



Back to Toralin  Back to Index  Go to Turia

AM © 2017