Luchana - Collection C. Kleiss
At Cardiff
      She was built in 1908 in the United Kingdom as Tuscany, and bought in 1914 by Compañía de Navegación Olazarri being renamed Oquendo, name kept when bought in 1918 by Compañía Naviera La Blanca. In 1921 she was bought by the Compañía Vasco Cantábrica de Navegación and renamed Luchana. In 1939 she was sold to Compañía Marítima del Nervión changing again her name, in this case to Mar Tirreno. In 1955 she was sold to Transportes Petrolíferos, being renamed Muni. Finally she was scrapped in 1963 at Castellón.
Shipyard / Year Irvine / 1908
Name Tuscany
Owner / Year Cía. de Navegación Olazarri / 1914
Name Oquendo
Owner / Year Compañía Naviera La Blanca / 1918
Name Oquendo
Dead weight 5,327 MT
Gross register 3,086 GRT
Lenght 99.1 mtr
Breadth 14.3 mtr
Depth 4.2 mtr
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 1,148 H.P.
Speed 10 knots
Bought 1921 to
Owner Compañía Naviera La Blanca
Name Oquendo
Sold 1939 to
Owner Compañía Marítima del Nervión
Name Mar Tirreno
Sold 1955 to
Owner Transportes Petrolíferos
Name Muni
Scrapped Castellón - 1963



  Spanish version 



Back to Llodio  Back to Index  Go to M. Arnus

AM © 2020