Passing by the Puente Colgante de Vizcaya, the transporter bridge on the River Nervión.
She was built on 1953 for Altos Hornos de Vizcaya by the Sociedad Española de Construcción Naval at its Sestao shipyard. She had for her propulsion a triple expansion reciprocating machine, obsolete for those years. The reason was that it was very difficult to get propulsion engines because was not allowed importing them, and they were not yet built in Spain. The reciprocating machines could be made in the shipyards workshops. She was scrapped on 1976.
She had a sister ship, called Alfonso de Churruca, delivered on 1954. She was scrapped on 1977.
Javier Careaga found out that the tug seen by her poop was the Aznar Jose Luis, and the hopper further up the river was the Abanto, Sondica, o Ciervana, all them owned by Junta de Obras del Puerto de Bilbao.