Mina Meruxal - Collection C. Kleiss
At Pasajes. On the background was the Cabo Peñas.
      She was built as dredger for the Alcoy & Gandia Railway & Harbour Co. Ltd. as Gandia. On 1910 she was sold to Pedro Menéndez Álvarez, keeping her name. On 1942 she was bought by Naviera del Nalón, converted to cargo ship and renamed Mina Meruxal. On 1965 she was scrapped at Gijón.
Shipyard/Year Simons-Renfrew / 1891
Dead Weight 450 MT
Gross Register 319 MT
Length 39.5 mtr
Breadth 8.6 mtr
Depth 3.7 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 150 H.P.
Bought 1942 to
Owner Pedro Menéndez Álvarez
Scrapped 1965

Mina Meruxal - Collection C. Kleiss
At Avilés, on the foreground. At the other side of the pier was the Leñador. On the background at the center was the Bahia de Palma, and by the bow of this was the Sendeja.



  Spanish version 



Back to Miguel Primo de Rivera  Back to Index  Go to Minas Conjuro

AM © 2016