Puerto de Azpiroz - Collection C. Kleiss
At San Esteban de Pravia
        She was built in 1955 by Juan Cruz Celaya Astigarraga as Puerto de Azpiroz, a name that she kept all her life, for José Franch Martínez, who in 1957 sold her to Ramón Ponlla Fernández. In 1963 she was acquired by Las Afortunadas, based in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, and since then made most of her trips in that area. She was wrecked near Tarfaya (Morocco) on 12/June/1977 during a trip from Agadir to El Aaiún.
        As can be seen San Esteban de Pravia was very busy at that time. In addition to this ship are identified: Alfonso de Churruca or Marques de Triano, sister ships owned by Altos Hornos de Vizcaya, Ario of José de Guezuraga y Urizar, San Emeterio of Nueva Montaña del Hierro y del Acero and Enrique Maynesof Sebastián Merelo-Barberá Beltrán.
Shipyard / Year Juan Cruz Celaya Astigarraga / 1955
Dead weight 650 MT
Gross register 511 GRT
Length 44.5 mtr
Breadth 8.8 mtr
Depth 4.2 mtr
Propulsion MTM M-829-SRIY
Power 700 H.P.
Speed 11 knots
Bought 1957 to
Owner José Franch Martínez
Name Puerto de Azpiroz
Sold 1962 to
Owner Las Afortunadas
Name Puerto de Azpiroz
Bought 1972 by
Owner Gabriel Martín González
Name Puerto de Azpiroz
Wrecked 12/06/1977 - Close to Tarfaya

Puerto de Azpiroz - Collection C. Kleiss



  Spanish version 



Back to Primero  Back to Index  Go to Puerto de Denia

AM © 2020