Ria de Camariñas - Collection C. Kleiss
At Höllviksnäs (Sweden) steaming through the channel that cross the small peninsula.
        She was built at Germany for O.P.D.R. as Larache, name kept until bought by the INI, together with other German vessels internated in Spain during the WWII. All them were named after Galicia's "rías", this as Ria de Camariñas, passing on 1942 to Empresa Nacional Elcano when this company was created. On 1945 she was bought by Compañía Frutera Valenciana de Navegación - Cofruna, keeping the name.
        On 1961 she was sold to Naviera Lagos, being renamed Lago Mar, and at same time modified changing her look. Only two years later, on 1963, she was bought by Castañer y Ortiz, being finally scrapped on 1965.
Shipyard / Year Jannsen and Schmilinsky / 1923
Dead Weight 2,972 GRT
Gross Register 1,999 GRT
Length 81.7 mtr
Breadth 11.7 mtr
Depth 5.5 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 1,050 HP
Bought 1945 to
Owner Ria de Camariñas
Sold 1961 to
Owner Naviera Lagos
Scrapped 1965

Ria de Camariñas - Collection C. Kleiss
At Castellón. In this case the funnel background was black, although she had also the Cofruna's marks.



  Spanish version 



Back to Reina Maria Cristina  Back to Index  Go to Ribera

AM © 2017