Vivero - Collection C. Kleiss
        She was built on 1893 by Cochrane & Cooper at Beverley (Reino Unido) asHowdenshire. When flagged to Spain she was renamed Vivero. Until 1942 her owner was Compañía Naviera del Eo, but unknown if was the first Spanish one. On unknown date she was renamed as Gijon, name kept until scrapped on 1974. Meanwhile she had several owners: since 1942 to 1961 Fernández y Peláez, since 1961 to 1971 María del Carmen Fernández Batanero, since 1971 to 1973 Julio Alonso Rato, and finally since 1973 Trans Balear. She was scrapped at San Feliu de Guixols on 1974 as motorship, because her alternative compound machine was changed.
Shipyard / Year Cochrane & Cooper / 1893
Dead Weight 244 MT
Gross Register 230 GRT
Length 31.9 mtr
Breadth 8.1 mtr
Depth 2.9 mtr
Propulsion Alternative compound
Power 144 H.P.
Bought xxxx
Sold 1942
Scrapped 1974



  Spanish version 



Back to Virgen de Africa  Back to Index  Go to Not finished

AM © 2016