Yebala - Colección de C. Kleiss
        She was built in 1946 by Harland & Wolff at Belfast (United Kingdom), for Anglo-Saxon Petroleum (Shell) as Lyria. In 1955 she was bought by Unión Atlántico, which transformed her into a bulk carrier for heavy cargo, converting the central tanks into holds and maintaining the lateral ones, being renamed Yebala. Her home port was Río Martín, located in the Spanish Protectorate of Morocco, near Tetuan. In 1956, due to the independence of Morocco, she was transferred to Panamanian flag, and in 1967 to Liberian flag. She was scrapped at Aviles in 1975.
        Unión Atlántico put the ship under the management of Naviera Astro, painting the funnel with the marks of this shipping company. Unión Atlántico when changing the flag to Panama changed its name to Atlantic Union Corporation, which was retained when the flag changed to Liberia.
Shipyard / Year Harland & Wolff / 1946
Owner Anglo-Saxon Petroleum (Shell)
Name Lyria
Dead weight 9,200 MT
Gross register 6,452 GRT
Lenght 136,0 meters
Breadth 16,7 meters
Depth 7,8 meters
Propulsion Diesel engine
Power C.V.
Bought 1955 by
Owner Unión Atlántico
Home port Río Martín - Spanish Morocco
Converted From tanker to bulkcarrier / 1955
Gross register 6,796 GRT
Transferred to Panamanian flag / 1956
Transferred to Liberian flag / 1967
Scrapped Avilés / 1975



  Spanish version 



Back to Vivero  Back to Index  Go to Unknown vessels

AM © 2020