Covadonga - Collection C. Kleiss
        She was built in the Empresa Nacional Elcano new buildings program; she was type C, known as Serie Monasterios, having assigned the name Monasterio de la Rabida. Her sister ship, Guadalupe, was built by Sociedad Española de Construcción Naval at Sestao, and although they were very similar the after part was different. The Guadalupe had open the side from hold number four whilst the Covadonga had connected the central structure to the poop one. Both were scrapped on 1973.
        This photo shows her arriving to La Coruña, with the Torre de Hércules in the foreground.

Shipyard / Year Euskalduna / 1953
Dead Weight 8,500 MT
Pasajeros 349
GRT 10,226
Length 148.5 mtr
Breadth 18.9 mtr
Depth 12.1 mtr
Propulsion Sulzer SD - 10 cylinders
Power 7,300 H.P.
Scrapped 1973




  Spanish version 



Back to Corisco  Back to Index  Go to Darro

AM © 2016