Neguri - Collection C. Kleiss
At La Pallice (France).
        She was built in the United Kingdom in 1929 under the name of Twilight. In 1905 she was bought by the Compañía Anónima de Navegación, which renamed her Neguri, being sold in 1907 to Compañía Marítima del Nervión., in which she kept the name.
        On 15/February/1918, , during a trip from Charleston (USA) for Marseilles (France), she was sunk by explosives by the German submarine U-152. Previously the crew abandoned the ship, managing to reach the island of Hierro after eight days.
Shipyard / Year Furness Withy - Middleton / 1894
Name Twilight
Owner / Year Compañía Anónima de Navegación / 1905
Name Neguri
Dead weight 3,349 MT
Gross register 1,919 GRT
Length 82.3 mtr
Breadth 11.6 mtr
Depth 5.2 mtr
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 1,540 H.P.
Bought 1907 to
Owner Compañía Anónima de Navegación
Name Neguri
Sunk 15/02/1918 -- U-152 -- 29º11'N - 20º32'W

  Spanish version 

Back to Musel  Back to Index  Go to Nido

AM © 2023