Segundo - Collection C. Kleiss
At Bilbao
        She was built in 1896 by Campbeltown Shipbuilding Company as Heather Bell. In 1899 she was bought by Melitón González and renamed Segundo. In 1903 the entire fleet of this shipowner was sold to Rodríguez y Cerrá, retaining their names. In 1915, as a result of the merger of the Rodríguez y Cerrá and Antonio López de Haro shipping companies, was created the Compañía Gijonesa de Vapores, but this shipping company had a very short life because in 1916 it was acquired by Ferrer Peset Hermanos, passing all ships to this company and changing their names. This was renamed C. Sorni, a name retained when in 1917 Ferrer y Peset Hermanos joined the Cía. Trasmediterránea, passing all its ships to this last shipping company. She was scrapped at Mahon in 1929.
Shipyard/Year Campbeltown / 1896
Owner J. Davidson and Company
Name Heather Bell
Owner / Year Mandal Pedersen / 1898
Name Verma
Owner / Year Melitón González / 1899
Name Segundo
Dead weight 1,850 MT
Gross register 1.253 GRT
Length 70.3 mtr
Breadth 10.0 mtr
Depth 5.3 mtr
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 570 H.P.
Bought 1903 to
Owner Melitón González
Name Segundo
Sold 1915 to
Owner Compañía Gijonesa de Vapores
Name Segundo
Sold 1916 to
Owner Ferrer Peset Hermanos
Name C. Sorni
Sold 1917 to
Owner Cía. Trasmediterránea
Name C. Sorni
Scrapped Mahón / 1929



  Spanish version 



Back to Satur  Back to Index  Go to Sestao

AM © 2020