Urquiola - Collection C. Kleiss
        She was built in 1894 by William Gray as Coniscliffe for a British shipping company. In 1898 she was acquired by the Compañía Bilbaína de Navegación, being renamed Urquiola. In 1906 she was bought by Aldecoa and Urquijo, who in 1907 transferred her to the Compañía Marítima del Nervión,, when it was founded, being renamed Mar Cantabrico, the first of this name. In 1925 she was sold to the Compañía Naviera Bidasoa, being finally scrapped at Bilbao in 1934.
Shipyard / Year William Gray / 1898
Dead weight 3.868 MT
Gross register 2.518 GRT
Lenght 91,4 metr
Breadth 12,2 mtr
Depth 5,6 mtr
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 1.105 H.P.
Bought 1898 to
Owner Stour and Joyce
Name Coniscliffe
Sold 1906 to
Owner Aldecoa y Urquijo
Name Urquiola
Transferred 1907 a
Owner Compañía Marítima del Nervión
Name Mar Cantabrico
Sold 1925 to
Owner Compañía Naviera Bidasoa
Name Irati
Scrapped Bilbao - 1934

  Spanish version 

Back to Urola  Back to Index  Go to Urumea

AM © 2020