Udala - Collection C. Kleiss
        She was built in 1901 at Cádiz by Constructora Naval Española. In 1906 she was sold by Banco de Bilbao, that previously embargoed her, to Aldecoa y Urquijo who transfered her to Compañía Marítima del Nervión, being renamed Mar Blanco, the first with this name.
        In 1914 she was bought by Compañía Montañesa de Navegación and renamed Ason; and in 1916 by Compañía Marítima Vizcaína, keeping the name.
        On 17/December/1916, steaming from Santander to Glasgow with iron ore, she was stopped by the submarine UB38. After checked the documents the crew was ordered to abandon the vessel and explosive devices were installed for sinking the vessel.
Shipyard / Year Constructora Naval Española / 1901
Dead weight 4,650 MT
Gross register 2,084 GRT
Length 85.8 mtr
Breadth 12.2 mtr
Depth 5.9 mtr
Propulsion Reciprocating triple expansion
Power 1,116 H.P.
Sold 1906 to
Owner - Name Cía. Marítima del Nervión - Mar Blanco
Sold 1914 to
Owner - Name Cía. Montañesa de Navegación - Ason
Sold 1916 to
Owner - Name Compañía Marítima Vizcaína - Ason
Sunk 17/12/1916 - Explosives by UB38



  Spanish version 



Back to Turia  Back to Index  Go to Upo-Mendi

AM © 2018