Upo-Mendi - Collection C. Kleiss
        Maybe arriving to a Dutch port. She was the only turret ship built in Spain. On 1940 she was renamed as Monte Jarindo, being sold in 1952 to Sociedad Metalúrgica Duro Felguera and renamed Felguera. She was scrapped on 1962.
        Her triple expansion alternative machine of 1,250 H.P. gave hher about 8.5 knots; the steam was supplied by boilers whose fuel was coal. It was never reconverted to liquid fuel so the speed fluctuations were significant depending on the firemen work.
Shipyard / Year Euskalduna / 1912
Dead Weight 6,605 MT
Gross register 4,193 GRT
Length 111.3 mtr
Breadth 15.3 mtr
Depth 7.7 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 1,250 H.P.
Sold 1952 to
Owner S.M. Duro Felguera
Scrapped 1962

Upo-Mendi - Collection C. Kleiss
At Delfzijl (Netherlands), carrying out cargo operation with barges.



  Spanish version 



Back to Turia  Back to Index  Go to Uribitarte

AM © 2016